Fort Worth Real Estate Market Update – April 2017
If you’re interested in local housing statistics, we’ve got the numbers for you! Fort Worth home sales were down 2.4 percent to 1,052 homes in April 2017. The median price for Fort Worth homes increased 14.6 percent year-over-year to $205,000 in May 2017.
Fort Worth’s monthly housing inventory was 1.8 months in April 2017, 0.1 months more than the year prior. The Real Estate Center at Texas A&M University cites that 6.5 months of inventory represents a market in which supply and demand for homes is balanced. Still a very low inventory of homes!
Homes spent an average of 29 days on the market in April 2017, 13 days less than April 2016. Additionally, active listings increased 2.7 percent to 1,800 listings during the same time frame.
April 2017 Statistics At-A-Glance:
- 1,052 – Homes sold in April 2017, 2.4 percent less than April 2016.
- $205,000 – Median price in April 2017, 14.6 percent more than April 2016.
- 1.8 – Monthly housing inventory in April 2017, 0.1 months more than April 2016.
- 29 – Average number of days homes spent on the market in April 2017, 13 days less than April 2016.
- 1,800 – Active home listings on the market in April 2017, 2.7 percent more than April 2016.
What’s Your Home Worth?
Find out with a complimentary home valuation report.