You’re looking for a place to put down roots. Or maybe you are on the hunt for your dream job. Perhaps you’re ready to start a family and want to find the perfect place to call home. No matter your reason, a cross-state or cross-country move can be intimidating and overwhelming. There are plenty of options and sometimes it’s hard to really know a city before you move there. Well, you’re in luck. We here at LEAGUE are a team of native Fort Worthians and transplants who are deeply devoted to serving this city and knowing all of its ins and outs. If you want to know what makes Fort Worth tick and what sets it apart, look no further. We’ve compiled an easy list to help you get to know our favorite city and whether or not it might be a good fit for you.
- A Land Of Opportunity: It’s no secret that Fort Worth is booming. Over the past 10 years, Fort Worth has consistently ranked in the top 10 of growth in US cities. For example, between 2017 and 2018, Dallas-Fort Worth ranked No. 1 for population growth in the entire country, with an increase of 131,767 residents, according to the U.S. Census Bureau. Why does this matter? Because Fort Worth’s intentional growth is fostered by a community that is committed to supporting businesses small and large and creating jobs. For example, did you know that the DFW area is home to 24 Fortune 500 companies! A thriving marketplace means jobs are available in diverse fields, from medicine to technology to healthcare.
- Education For All: Not only does the DFW area boast six public universities and twenty private colleges with national reputations for excellence, but the area also has diverse education opportunities for children and young people of all ages. Fort Worth Independent School District is always striving to improve and many of our elementary, middle, and high schools offer top-notch public education options. We also boast plentiful Schools of Choice (public lottery schools and magnet schools) and charter schools such as the Young Men’s and Young Women’s Leadership Academies, the Fort Worth Academy of Fine Arts, Great Hearts Academy, and Trimble Tech High School. And if you’re looking for quality private schools, look no further. Fort Worth offers world-class options such as Fort Worth Country Day, Trinity Valley, Southwest Christian, Fort Worth Academy, and Covenant Classical, to name a few.
- Communities of Character: No matter what you’re looking for when it comes to a neighborhood, you can likely find it here! Want a townhouse in or near downtown? No problem. Looking for a quiet suburb with a country feel and maybe an acre or two of land? Yup, we’ve got that too? Do you enjoy historic neighborhoods with front-porch communities? Look no further. Fort Worth is truly a city comprised of remarkable neighborhoods, each one with its own unique personality and characteristics. You can explore these in more detail by calling us today or browsing our neighborhood pages.
- Affordable Housing: Yes, Fort Worth has experienced a dramatic increase in housing prices over the past ten years, just like every major city in the US. But, it still ranks as one of the more affordable cities in Texas and the nation. Check out this list from Smart Assets that ranks Fort Worth as thirteenth (in 2020) in the nation for places “where the average household can afford the most home.” Whether you’re interested in apartment or condo living, building a new home, buying an older home, or anything in between, housing can be found at a variety of price points to meet a variety of needs.
- Amenities Galore: Fort Worth may be much smaller than Dallas, Houston, and Austin, but did you know that in many ways, it outranks them in art, culture, and other amenities? Fort Worth boasts an incredible art scene with the world renowned Kimbell Art Museum and Modern Art Museum. And with the opening of Dickey’s Arena in 2019, Fort Worth now attracts musicians from around the world for spectacular concerts (George Straight, Twenty-One Pilots, Rod Stewart, Paul McCarthy, and Shania Twain to name a few). If sports are your thing, Fort Worth is just a thirty minute drive from the homes of The Texas Rangers and the Dallas Cowboys, and only a little further to see a Dallas Stars or a Dallas Mavericks game. From the famous Billy Bob's honky tonk to The Fort Worth Museum of Science And History, there is something for everyone in Fort Worth. And don’t forget, Fort Worth is home to Colonial Country Club, home to the Charles Schwab Invitational (just one of several fabulous golfing options) and TCU for incredible college sports. If you love shopping, The Shops At Clearfork and University Park Center are two of our favorite outdoor shopping areas with shops from Lululemon and Chanel to the Gap and Bath and Body Works. And dining in Fort Worth is a treat for the senses. There are historic favorites such as Joe T. Garcia’s and Cattleman's Steakhouse nearby brand new dining experiences from celebrated chefs. From casual dining such as Heim Barbeque, Local Foods Kitchen, and Coco Shrimp to fine dining such as Eddie V’s, Bonnell’s, Grace, and Saint-Emilion, there’s something for everyone in this city.
We can’t close this out without mentioning one more thing – something that’s difficult to quantify and impossible to know unless you’ve been here. Fort Worth is home to some of the most wonderful people you will ever meet. Sure, we’re biased. But, it’s hard to find a bustling city with a more charming, down-to-earth feel, where people greet you, ask how you’re doing, and often really want to know. It’s a community where neighbors look out for one another, most people hate using their car horns, and we smile at people we’ve never met. This can be a little strange at first to our friends who move here from other parts of the country. But, we promise, pretty soon you’ll be smiling right back and wondering how you ever considered living anywhere else.
As always, we are #readytoserve. If you have any questions, want to take a tour of our city, or want to get started on a house hunt, we would love to help. Our commitment is to serve people and serve our city well. We love it here and we hope you will too!